This week’s topic is: Top Ten Best Bookish Memories (waiting in line for a new release, meeting an author, or some sort of great experience with a particular book that was unlike others) I can’t express enough how much I loooove the topic for today’s TTT. The bookish memories I’ve made have been unforgettable experiences, they’ve changed my life. From meeting authors, to going to my first bookish convention, to meeting fellow book bloggers that have become long time friends. So much awesome! Unfortunately, since I suck at taking pictures, I don’t have one for each event listed here and I had to borrow one from my friend Ginger, honestly I just hate taking pictures when I’m in them. I look huge!
1. The Order of the Phoenix book release party! This is the first bookish event that I can remember going to. I remember attending this party with my sister and getting there several hours earlier in the day to wait until midnight for the release of the fifth installment in the HP series. It was well worth the wait since HP is my top favorite series ever!
2. My first book signing!! Now don’t judge, but I used to be a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer, thanks to her Twilight series I was introduced to YA. So back in 2008 when her sci-fi book The Host was being released she came to Houston and had a HUGE signing at a high school, that place was incredibly crowded, soooo many people were there and this was before the movie even came out. This is where I met Katie from Mundie Moms for the first time and Amber from Page Turner’s Blog. It was the beginning of many unforgettable book events for me.
3. My first signing as a blogger! The first author I met as a book blogger was Becca Fitzpatrick, I had just started blogging that month and had fallen in love with her Hush, Hush series so I was thrilled to get to meet her.
4. Meeting Lois Lowry! If you read my blog in the past I mention Lois Lowry a lot because her book The Giver was the one that got me to love reading when I was in middle school, the first one that really made an impact in me and the first one I truly enjoyed. Meeting her was a dream come true, I couldn’t even tell her how much I loved her because of how nervous I was. All I did was had a huge cheesy smile pasted on my face.
5. TLA!!! Going to TLA for the first time with Lena from Addicted to Novels was a crazy unforgettable experience. It was so much fun just riding over there with her for the one day we were able to go, that’s the day we became REAL LIFE friends, and I’m so thankful for that.
6. Meeting Stephanie Perkins!! I looooove Anna and the French Kiss, and then when Lola came out I loved Stephanie’s writing even more. Meeting Stephanie Perkins at the Houston Teen Book Con was amazing.
7. Getting to know my blogger friends in real life! I love that twitter and the book blogging community has gotten me to get to know so many amazing peeps that I can share my love of books with. I’m even more grateful that it made it possible for me to become real life friends with Lena, Ginger and Jess. I love these girls! We don’t just talk about books but life, work, family and so many other things we love.
8. Meeting Sarah Dessen! This was another huge event for me, I looove anything that Sarah Dessen writes, her books are the only ones that can get me out of a reading slump.
9. Smart Chicks Kick It Tour! This was such an amazing event back in 2010, with sooooo many great authors that I’m a fan of, Cassandra Clare, Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia, Melissa Marr and so many more..
10. Meeting Maggie Stiefvater! I loooooved her Shiver series and I was thrilled when I found out she was coming to Houston for the Linger book tour. I was so happy I got to meet her, she was so funny.